The end of the year is a time for reflection – to look back at the things we did well, celebrate our achievements and the challenges which we’ve overcome. Despite the difficulties endured, we found plenty of reasons to celebrate looking back.
Here are our top 8 highlights of 2020:
- 2020 saw revenue increase by more than 80% on 2019’s total where an increased percentage of our business came from large enterprise clients.
- The amount of end user business we receive from the Federal Government remains high – Independent Data Solutions products are now used by more than 50 government agencies, including Immigration and Border Protection, Defence and CSIRO.
- Smartoptics continued to be our leading Vendor supplier in 2020 – a status no doubt affirmed with the introduction of the DCP-M40-PAM4.
- Using Smartoptics solutions, IDS provided data centre connectivity across a number of sites for a large Australian bank. The project ended up yielding a multi-million-dollar transaction. With the Smartoptics implementation, the bank achieved greater bandwidth, simplified management and significantly reduced networking costs.
- Collaborating with Smartoptics, IDS also assisted in the IBM certification of a number of products used with sysplex and timed connectivity between mainframes. Certification reduces costs for clients and implements a far simpler solution than other vendors’ legacy systems.
- Relationships with large resellers have continued to blossom. We deliver hundreds of transactions across the country each year with our reseller Data#3.
- IDS continues to solidify its presence in New Zealand through an agreement with CDL. CDL will market Smartoptics systems across the Tasman Sea.
- Our portfolio expanded with the addition of Versa Network Inc. Versa’s solutions are geared toward networking and security needs.
Although no one could have predicted what 2020 had in store, as a company we continue to grow with our networking and data management solutions reaching higher levels of quality. If you’re looking for assistance with networking and data management, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.